Saturday, October 15, 2011

Painful Primer Particles...Precariously Positioned

Chris does a fine job painting but it's not his favorite thing to do and I enjoy it so I've done most of the painting in all our home remodeling projects. The last several weeks we've been working every spare moment to remodel the hallway that goes down the basement stairway. What a job! I hope to never, ever fix up or change another stairway again. One evening after we had rolled on the primer, Chris was trying to clean the millions of little white paint spots off his arms. He lamented with the following sentence in slow motion as he tried to make everything match..... "Painful.... primer...... particles..." and as I laughed at him he continued with "precariously positioned.....". It struck me funny and also makes for an entertaining blog entry title. :)


Hooray for October and beautiful fall leaves!! I love the vibrant colors that this time of year brings to our area. The pin oak tree in our side yard is particularly colorful this year. It's been so fun watching it morph through all the different shades. 

At the end of September we had the privilege of having Tanya (Chris's youngest sister) stay with us for a week. We are blessed to live very close to all of our families but with the busy routines of life, it seems we're coming and going faster than we can think. It was a fun week filled with lots of laughs and spider killing (poor Tanya). We love you, Tanya! :)


As I stated, we've been working our butts off to try and get the basement progressing in the completed direction. There is still so much left to do but we feel like we're making good progress. I think. :) The hallway down the basement steps was a pretty big project filled with lots of unsafe, precarious ladder/plank balancing acts but thankfully Chris and I both still have all our bones intact and are VERY glad to be on the other side of that job. The ceiling is de-popcorned and painted and the walls are painted as well. We put up a new light at the top of the steps also. As soon as we finally find a wood stain color that we both like we'll be moving ahead to finish the handrail and refinish the steps. Chris has been also working to hang/lay stone over the old brick wood stove surround area. I'm so excited to see that project completed. It's coming together so nicely.




I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family tomorrow evening as we celebrate my Mom's birthday which is next Friday. It's been too long since I've seen my niece and nephews!!!!! Caleb is probably taller than me now. :) Okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration but someday it won't be I'm afraid!

2 comments:

Chad and Elana said...

yay! everything is coming along so nicely!! :) It sounds like you guys are having a great time with all your work! :) Love ya!!

Shannon said...

Looking AWESOME guys!!! I can't wait to see it in person:) Wow, painting those stairs looks like it was a pain! Did some spiders harass Tanya?? ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ha ha LOL