Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello March!!

Woohoo! We've made it to March -- we're that much closer to Spring and warmer temperatures!! I'm getting really anxious to plant stuff. :) I'm not sure how I'd feel about any snow coming now but I guess one of our biggest blizzards came in mid March. Let's not focus on that at this time. :) If I don't stop saying that sn** word, I'm liable to lose some followers!!!! Two weeks ago when we had a warm spell, I cut my Blue Fescue plants to the ground to make room for new growth this spring -- the following picture that I took today shows how much it has grown. I'm excited. :)



After getting snow last week and Chris having off Tuesday, he started getting sick (cough, fever, congested, achy) and a few days later, I caught it. He was so sick he even took off work early a few days at the end of the week. He never does that!! The weekend was spent doing absolutely nothing for the both of us. What a miserable way to spend a free weekend. It seems like the entire county is sick with either the stomach part of it or the coughing bit and there were so many sick within our church that they had to cancel our Sunday morning service. That was all very crazy but definitely seemed necessary since there were so many germs flying around. It's been a slowwwwww road back to recovery but I think we're both finally on the mend. Chris still has an annoying cough he's trying to kick to the curb and I cough here and there but we're grateful for good health again.


Since Chris has been downing the cough drops like they are going out of style, I decided I'd run to town yesterday to get him some more and get milk since we were almost out. All I wanted to do was go to the bank, the grocery store, get gas, and stop for a McDonald's Strawberry Banana smoothie. Was that too much to ask??? Apparently it was. I went to the bank and to the grocery store first. I had to leave the grocery store in a rush because I started coughing and couldn't stop. I almost ripped open the new pack of cough drops before paying for them. Made it out of there alive and was driving through Greencastle on Route 16/Baltimore Street when I had to stop for a person in front of me trying to turn left onto a side street. She turned and I had just started to accelerate and just as I did, I randomly looked in my rear view mirror just in time to see a guy in a car coming up on me pretty quickly. The following next few seconds went something like this in my brain....


"Wow, he's going pretty fast."
"Wow, he's not slowing down at all."
"Wow, he's going to hit me."


I remember thinking that I really should step on the gas or something to get out of his way but of course it was already too late. After he rear ended me, we pulled off the side of the road. I was wishing it was a dream and that it hadn't actually just happened. Too bad it wasn't! The driver that hit me was apologetic and kind but I was still mad at him. :) The police came but since neither vehicle was damaged beyond being able to drive he just swapped our insurance information and we were on our way. To my surprise, the guy who rear ended me didn't even get a fine or ticket of any sort. How is that fair? Oh well.



The insurance dude came to look at my car today and I took it to the body shop to get an estimate. We're still waiting to hear back before we proceed but the initial estimate was $2,300. So far I'm extremely impressed with Erie Insurance. They have been completely on top of things and so very helpful. As far as my body, it wasn't very happy with the impact I took especially since I watched it unfold and while I didn't consciously brace myself, I'm sure it happened without me realizing. Yesterday afternoon was pretty miserable but I didn't wake up this morning feeling any worse so I'm taking one day at a time and hoping for no long term side affects in either my neck or back. 

Needless to say after all that drama with my car, I just wanted to go home and skipped getting gas as well as my smoothie. I was so bummed about missing that smoothie.

Tonight Chris came home from work bearing gifts -- A Strawberry Banana Smoothie from McDonald's. How awesome is he? I was overjoyed and felt so loved at his kind gesture. :) I am abundantly blessed beyond what I could ever have imagined.

No comments: