The thoughts and roller coaster emotions are constant but rarely get documented. I'm sure most have speculated by now or at least wondered. I feel the time has come to share my heart openly. God is still writing Chris & I's story but for the last several years our hopes and dreams of starting a family have not come to pass. Yet.
This wasn't part of the original plan. I got married young with
intentions of working a few years and then transitioning into starting
our family and becoming a stay at home mom. Here we are, 10 years later
writing a different story than originally planned. While this certainly
isn't the road that we would have chosen to walk if we had been given
the choice, we are claiming God's authority and power as we continue to
face each day of the unknown that lies ahead. We know that God has
precious and wonderful gifts in store for our future that will be
revealed in His perfect timing, not ours. 
To anyone who has walked the infertility road, you know that it is not
easy. We process as we can and take one day at a time. I have learned
many important life lessons especially in the last few years, but
one of the biggest lessons has been the power of words. I plead with
everyone reading this...Think before you speak. No matter what the
situation, you have the power of life or death in your tongue every
single time that you interact with someone. You may never know what
battle or journey the person is currently facing. You have the ability
to either tear them down or build them up in a matter of minutes.
For all the prayer warriors who have been faithfully interceding on our behalf (known or unknown to us), we humbly thank you. And to those of you finding out for the first time, we covet your prayers for wisdom in how to handle each new month that passes.
God is still in the business of miracles and we are anxiously awaiting ours!


4 comments:
Ditto!!!! We love you two so much! I know God has an amazing plan for you and will be praying and supporting you as it unfolds. Thanks for being there for us in our struggle as well.
My Dear Jessie, Thanks so much for sharing openly here! I have prayed for you many times over the years, reading between the lines about what you must have been going through. One lesson I seem to have to relearn periodically is that I can not figure God out. God is God and I am NOT, as they say. Still that doesn't seem to stop me from reminding God of what I would like to see happen around here. Thanks again for your post!
Lots of Love,
Aunt Ruthie
May God give you comfort and grant you peace, Jessie. Blessings to you and Chris. You are in my prayers.
Believing God has amazing things in store for you both!!
Post a Comment