A week and a half ago as Chris and I were leaving his parent's house, I was walking out the front concrete steps and thought I was stepping onto the middle of one of the steps when in reality I was on the edge of it. Chad was walking towards me and in a random moment of trying to be funny I threw out my arms and said to him....."YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!" (Lord of the Rings reference) Apparently I'm not able to act and walk at the same time because that is the same moment I was on the edge of the step planting my foot forcefully. This miscalculation threw me forward to the ground with a popping sound in my ankle. When I got back up it became obvious to me that I was in some pain and that my ankle twisted to the side and back in a way it's not supposed to move! I hobbled to the car and Chris and I checked it out when we got home. I've never broken a bone in my life, nor have I really injured myself with sprains or anything else of the sort. Yes, I'm thankful although it provides a disadvantage when you have no idea what you are dealing with when you hurt yourself. :) We quickly came to the realization that with the movement I had in my ankle, it most likely wasn't broken. I've been told that sprains can be worse than breaks and I was determined that this wouldn't plague me for months to come. I spent last week hopping around and taking it easy so that it had a good head start on healing properly. While I still have some discomfort when I turn my ankle side to side, it's feeling stronger each day and I'm very thankful for a family who prayed for me to heal quickly! I'm still being careful that I don't overdo it or twist it funny ways and re injure things. I guess the moral of the story is that God thought I needed to slow down a bit. It sure did take a lot of patience to lay around inside when Spring had DEFINITELY sprung outside. If you look closely you can see some yellowish bruising and swelling around my ankle area taken a few days after the fall.

With the rental project taking up most of the winter months and the mild weather we had, it feels like we've gone right from Fall to Spring. The ground never really froze consistently enough for the weeds to die and our garden was proof of that!! My amazing husband spent practically his entire Saturday tilling our garden mass of weeds. :( I was beginning to think I'd never see freshly tilled brown dirt. He still has the one end to tackle but at least he got a head start on things. Monday night we were able to get out before the rain and plant red onions, carrots, and peas. Soon after we got things planted and came inside to clean up, the rains came! Perfect timing. :)
The garden BEFORE Chris worked his awesome-ness:
The top half of the garden tilled and ready to plant:
Our basement project is continuing to show signs of progress here and there. We are trying to complete half of it and then move furniture into place and finish the other side as a second phase of the project. I'm so excited at how it's coming together that I can barely stand still and be patient for things to finish up. There's that patience issue again. Okay God, I'm trying. :) The new flooring is going in as Chris and I have time. Soon we'll have furniture in this "new" space!
4 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed with your garden! Also your basement looks great! :) We would be happy to help with any projects you may still have in June!
Thanks!! I can't WAIT to have you guys here to enjoy our new space with us! :) I'm hoping to have a lot of things wrapped up for your visit but the peas will probably be ready about that time. Your help offer may be requested upon if that's the case! :) Thanks for the comment.
ahhh! Sorry my birthday party was so dangerous! ;) Glad you are getting better!! and your garden looks great!! love it! and your house!! :)
Yeah, you sure do have dangerous parties, Elana!!!!! :-P Thanks for the comments. :) <3
Post a Comment