Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Goodbye July, Hello August!

Okay, so where did July go? I've been meaning to post here but sadly, it just never happened. Excuses aside, here I am! What a busy month it was. A summary would go something like this....

Several family times...Seeing The Isaacs in concert...Taking pictures of VBS at church...Getting a much needed hair cut...Putting away lots of green beans & lima beans...Getting a dog...AND working on the basement bathroom project!

We've been seriously lacking in the rain department here and I'm ready to be done keeping up with all the watering outside. While I'm thankful for the long days and the warm temperatures I think I'll be glad to see Fall arrive in a month or so. Thankfully the summer hasn't been incredibly humid so the high temperatures seem somewhat bearable. Our green beans are done for the year and the lima beans are nearing the same fate. I was keeping up with the zucchini until yesterday and now I'm afraid I've lost the game. :) I've made zucchini cookies, zucchini bread, stir fry with zucchini, and zucchini quiche. It's so funny how one plant that does even remotely well can produce SO quickly. The funniest thing is when you think you have them all and a few days later you find a ginormous zucchini that had been hiding from you. Oops. The pumpkin plant is quickly spreading to the open areas of the garden that once held the onions and green beans. The hot pepper/tomato plants are doing well and very soon I'll be head over heels in salsa and pizza sauce.




As I stated above, we are now the proud owners of a purebred blue merle border collie named Pyro! About 3.5 weeks ago I was having a phone conversation with my old boss, Terry, whom I hadn't spoken to in about a year. Upon mentioning that Chris has been begging me to consent to getting a border collie, she immediately chimed in and offered to give us her beloved Pyro. I have known him since he was a puppy and used to dog sit many, many times while working for her. Terry trains border collies to run agility courses and already has another border collie with a new puppy to train on the horizon. Unsure of how Pyro would do with the new puppy addition, she decided that sending him to live somewhere else might be a bit easier on him. Three weeks ago we went to pick him up and give it a trial run as we weren't sure how our cats would adjust. Slowly but surely all three are getting to know each other and we're at least at the tolerating stage. Meet, Pyro!



The basement bathroom is nearing the finishing stages as we just got the new flooring put down on Saturday. Chris is seriously nothing short of amazing. I'm continually amazed at how he makes my dreams become reality time and time again. We are loving the new floor and I just finished painting the baseboard today. TOMORROW is a long awaited day for me. I FINALLY get to paint the walls! My favorite part of all these projects is getting to the point where I'm able to make the walls come alive with the paint colors I've agonized over until finally coming to a final conclusion! Once I finish the walls tomorrow we will be able to put everything back as it was except with new accessories. New toilet, new counter, new sink, new faucet, new mirror. More pictures to come.....:)




No comments: