I can't believe May is half over already. Where does time go anyways? Such a mystery. With the warmer temperatures, I spend most of my days outdoors. I've been creating some new landscaping spaces as well as trying to get ahead/keep up of the existing ones. What a chore! I still have a good bit of edging to do but most of the weeds in my current flower beds are under control. The garden on the other hand is a different story. I'm pretty sure the annoying, hard to pull, clover type weeds mated with some other annoying weed and had a bazillion kids all within the inside parameters of our new garden fence. Thankfully I've been able to put the grass clippings down between most of the rows but right up next to the each of the plants is out of control!! Someday I'll catch up. I hope. :)
Chris and I have been busy dreaming up fun ideas for projects we'd like to do in the future. I'm so thankful for a husband who dreams with me and takes time to listen to my wild and crazy ideas. Not only does he listen but he throws in a few of his own at times! We are working on creating some new spaces outdoors but our main focus this summer is the basement project. Our deck needs replaced badly but that will have to wait until next summer or the next. :) On Saturday, I helped Chris start the beginning stages of the plumbing project that will enable the basement process to move forward. There is a half bath down there that also houses the water heater/water softener which makes for a very cramped room. His plan is to redo some of the plumbing so that he can move the water heater and water softener to the corner of the garage. I'm so excited to see how "big" that bathroom feels once they are moved!
It's Tuesday night and Chris is golfing with his Dad. They play in a league every Tuesday for the rest of the summer. While I'm glad he's able to enjoy the sport and the time with his Dad, I do miss him not being here. It's a good time for me to do fun things though so I guess I won't complain. I considered scrapbooking some tonight but Zeus (the cat) is sleeping in my scrapbooking chair. I opted to at least update my blog before I moved him. :)
Our house is brick and partially wood siding which needs painted very soon. Hopefully next summer. We are hoping to paint it some sort of darker tan color. In the meantime, I'd very much like to paint the doors since they're all white. Normally I don't have a hard time picking paint colors but for some reason I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to paint the doors/trim. Someday I'd like to have shutters on the front windows which I was envisioning a sage green. I was thinking of painting the doors some sort of deep red but once we get shutters if we do go the green route, I don't want our house looking like Christmas all year round. HA! Maybe I'll just do eeny meeny miny moe?? SIGH.
Enough of my rambling. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment